Ratha Sapthami In Tirumala – 2018
Ratha Sapthami is held on February 12,2019(Tuesday).
Ratha Sapthami is an auspicious festival celebrated by Hindus and it is dedicated to Lord Suryanarayana. Ratha Sapthami is also known as Surya Jayanti. Surya Deva is the child of Rishi Kashyapa and Aditi. In temples, Surya Prabha Vahana will be held in the morning. In Tirumala Ratha Sapthami festival is a grand event which attracts a large number of devotees.
In Tirumala Ratha Sapthami is celebrated as one-day Brahmotsavam. On this special day Lord Sri Venkateswara will bless the devotees with 7 Vahana Sevas from Early morning to night.
On this festival day Lord Venkateswara swamy along with his divine consorts Sridevi and Bhudevi are taken to a procession in Thiru Mada Streets in Tirumala.
The deities carried out around the Thiru Mada streets encircling the holy shrine of Lord venkateswara on seven different vahanams,due to this reason the day of Ratha Sapthami is called as Mini-Brahmotsavam.
Ratha Sapthami Schedule(One-day Brahmotsavam) – 2018
- Surya Prabha Vahanam at 5:30am to 8:00am.
- The day starts with Surya prabha vahanam. Morning the Lord Venkateswara is taken out in procession with Sun God driving the Chariot.Purusha Sooktha describes Sun as born from the eyes of LordSrimanNarayana.
- Sun is said to be an incarnation of Lord Maha Vishnu (Surya Narayana).
- Chinna Sesha Vahanam at 9:00am to 10:00am.
- On this day second vahanam is Chinna Sesha Vahanam, the Lord is taken out in a procession on Vaasuki (Serpent God) as his vehicle. In Bhagavath Geetha Lord Sri Krishna says He is Vaasuki among the serpents. Chinna Sesha Vahanam will be five headed.
- Sesha is a born of a spark of Narayana. He is another body of Narayana. Adiseshaa took the form of a hill as a proper habitation for God Vishnu who want to incarnate himself on earth. Beccause of this Adhisesha became a carrier of Vishnu in the Brahmotsava.
- Garuda Vahanam at 11:00am to 12:00pm.
- On this day the third Vahanam is Garuda Vahanam, the Lord Sri Venkateswara is taken out in procession specially decorated, with his main devotee and chief vehicle Garuda (Garukmantha) the king of birds as his vehicle. It is a unique occasion when thousands gather together and would like to witness the procession. It is believed and said that it is highly meritorious and mukthi pradham to have darshan of the Lord seated on Garuda, the vahana of lord vishnu.
- During Garuda vahanam, Venkateswara will be decorated by garlands sent from Srivilliputhur Andal temple. These garlands were adorned to Andal before sending it to Tirupati. These traditional garlands are made of tulsi, sevanthi and sampangi flower. Every year Tirupati Venkateswara’s garland is sent to Srivilliputtur Andal Temple for marriage festival of Andal.
- Hanumantha Vahanam at 01:00pm to 02:00pm.
- On this day the fourth vahanam is Hanumantha Vahanam. The Lord is taken out in procession with Lord Hanuman as his vehicle.Hanuman was the personification of the most trusted and self less service to the Lord in his avathara as Sri Rama in Treta Yuga. Undoubtedly Lord Hanuman was the greatest devotee of Lord Sri Rama.
- The darashan of Lord venkateswara along with Hanuman is sconsidered not only auspicious but als as an high intellectual association.Hanuman Considered as an embodiment of wisdom,Muscle power,success,braveness,health. One of the hill rocks on the Tirumala hill range is also named as Anjanadri.
- Chakra Sananam at 02:00pm to 03:00pm.
- On this day Chakrasnanam will be held. Special abhishekam known as Avabhrutha Snanam is held for processional deity Malayappa and his concerts Sridevi and Bhudevi along with Sudarshana Chakra (Disc weapon of Vishnu) at Varaha Swamy temple on the banks of Swamy Pushkarini. Later, the Sudarshana Chakra is immersed in the waters of Swamy Pushkarini. Large number of devotees will take a dip in the water of Pushkarini simultaneously. It is believed that one will get absolved from sins by taking a dip in Swamy Pushkarini simultaneously along with the Sudarshana Chakra on this day.
- Kalpavruksha Vahanam at 04:00pm to 05:00pm.
- On this day fifth Vahanam is Kalpavruksha Vahanam. Lord Malayappa Swamy takes a colourful ride on the divine wish fulfilling tree – Kalpavriksha Vahanam. Significance of Kalpavruksha vahanam is When Gods and demons are churning the milky ocean for divine nectar-‘Amritam’, Kalpa Vriksha emerged as the divine wish fulfilling tree with many names as Kalpadruma, Kalpapadapa, Kalpataru.
- This divine tree appears royal and beautiful having roots made of gold, silver midriff, lapislazuli boughs, coral leaves, pearl flower, gem stone buds and diamond fruits. By taking celestial ride on this divine tree, Lord Malayappa Swamy offers both worldly and spiritual bliss to His beloved devotees.
- Sarva Bhoopala Vahanam at 06:00pm to 07:00pm.
- On this day sixth Vahanam is Sarva Bhoopala Vahanam. Lord Malayappa Swamy takes a colourful ride on the Sarva Bhoopala Vahanam in the evening will take place signifying that He is the Lord of Lords(Sarva means all and Bhoopala is a king).
- Sarva bhoopala meaning the God in charge of the earth, water and air become the bearers of his vehicle. Along with the Sarva Bhoopalas, the Ashta (8) Dikpalas of East-West and South-North etc. also join in the entourage of Lord Venkateswara in the procession on the holy Mada streets.
- The objective is to display that all the Dikpalas of the universe are under the control of Lord Venkateswara.
- Chandra Prabha Vahanam at 08:00pm to 09:00pm.
- On this day seventh vahanam is Chandra Prabha Vahanam. The Lord is taken out in procession with Moon as symbol of his vehicle. Purusha Sooktha describes Moon as “Chandrama Manaso Jaathaha” (Moon is born from the mind Lord Maha Vishnu). Moon is the commander of mind and is a symbol of cool and pleasantness. Both these rituals are symbolic significance that He is the cause for day and night.
We are here to help you for visiting these places.Please visit http://tirupaticaars.com/car-rental-cost-in-tirupati-for-one-day/
Call Us: +91-9902037788